Get Your Name on Google – It Only Takes 5 Minutes
Ever Googled your name and wished you where in the top search results? Ever wondered what people see when they Google you? Considering the fact that the second most popular search criterion on the web is searching for a person’s professional background (Pew Internet American Life Project) – it may get some people thinking that it’s time to create a web presence for themselves.
It doesn’t take long to conclude that creating a web presence for yourself is something of necessity to ensure your professional growth, your business success, and taking action to represent yourself accurately on the web. The challenge is to find something unique and innovative the tackles all of the following issues:
• You want people to find you when they search your name on the web
• You want to manage the information people see about you
• You want to create a strong and professional online presence for your name
The people at LookupPage came out with the idea of developing an easy-to-use tool for people to create, enhance and manage their online presence. LookupPage is not a social network like LinkedIn, and focuses on getting your name on Google. Using the following simple rules, they are usually able to present better results than others for your name search:
1. The page contains highly relevant and up-to-date information about the person
2. The page is SEO optimized for name search
3. The page uploads quickly
4. The page includes a free standing personal domain with your name. e.g. www.yourname.com
5. A smart link building for the page
Here are three simple steps for getting your name on Google with LookupPage (I use for example, Mark Guymer, the managing director of LookupPage):
1. The first step is simply to signup to LookupPage for free.
2. After signup you’ll get to your personal homepage, where you can:
a. Click on the “User Details” to easily enter your bio, publish your links (these are “do follow” links) and more.
b. Click on the “Business Details” to enter your business/company information: description, logo, web site link and more.
c. Click on “User Statistics” to analyze your LookupPage traffic, business leads and more.
3. Press the “Save” button and your page is ready.
You can Google Mark Guymer to see the results:
The LookupPage service is not only designated for web oriented users, but can also benefit professionals, such as doctors, lawyers, realtors, consultants, web developers, and more who wish to easily manage their web presence.
Guest post by Udi Drezner