Top Wuss Rock Bands of All Time
A few weeks ago a co-worker and I were discussing some bands we like (we are children of the eighties, so bear with me) and more than a few we labeled “wuss” rock bands. Now this isn’t necessarily an insult, but more of a classification. As I said we personally liked the bands, but we had to admit that a large number of their popular songs were kinda, well…wussy.
We then asked friends and colleagues who they considered the top wuss rock bands. So I included them below in order of wussiness, based on the number of times a band was listed. The top five bands have a link to a YouTube video for your listening and viewing pleasure.
- Air Supply – Two guys you hope weren’t actually singing to each other.
- Chicago - Does every Chicago song sound the same to you?
- Abba - I was never sure if they were friends, siblings, spouses or what.
- Loverboy - The name says it all.
- REO Speedwagon – I can’t fight this feeling any longer…I’m numb.
Other bands receiving votes, in order of number of votes received. (I published comments as well):
- Hall & Oates
- Jefferson Starship
- Radiohead – great musicians, but let’s face it, the Backstreet Boys could probably take them in a fight.
- White Lion
- A Flock of Seagulls
- Aaron Carter – it’s bad when your brother was a Backstreet Boy and he’s referred to as the “hardcore” one.
- Ambrosia – Holdin’ on to Yesterday was their biggest song and their destiny.
- Backstreet Boys
- Bang Tango
- Bread – I found your Diaper underneath the tree?
- Culture Club
- Dashboard Confessional – been singing about the same girl that left him for nearly 10 years…get over her dude.
- Dire Straits
- Everything But the Girl – I still have EBTG worship issues.
- Extreme – Hole in my heart makes me want to put a hole in my head.
- Fall out Boy
- Fleetwood Mac
- Goo Goo Dolls
- Huey Lewis & the News
- Maroon 5
- Mr. Big
- N Sync
- New Kids On the Block (reunited)
- Night Ranger
- Teenage Fanclub
- The Carpenters – They had a chick playing the drums. If Mama Cass would have given Karen a sandwich, they’d both be alive.
- The Scorpions
If you would like to contribute, feel free and post a comment.